Yes, the summer is going by so quickly I don’t want this weather to end!
But lately I have been waking up with a desire to eat something warm, sweet, and cozy so I created this quick, healthy breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1 Fuji Apple
- 1tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 packet Nature in the Raw Sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt(optional)
- Chop the apple up into small, bite size chunks. You can use any type of apple but I love the sweet crispness of Fuji with the oats
- Add the water and oats and the salt if you want. I know, I know, it seems like a lot of water but it makes the oats extra creamy and porridge like, just try it! Feel free to use milk of choice but be aware that the nutritional difference will change!
- Cook on low for about 2o minutes. On minute twenty one and twenty two turn up the pot until it boils, stirring vigorously so that it does not stick to the pot.
- Turn off and let sit for a few seconds. It will be very hot.
- Scoop into your breakfast bowl and add your cinnamon and sugar. You can use any sugar but raw is my favorite. It is not refined and has a delicious crunch.
Nutrition facts for entire recipe:
CALORIES: 250. Cal from fat: 26
TOTAL FAT: 2.9. 5%
SODIUM: 596MG. 25%
POTASSIUM: 311mg. 9%
CARBOHYDRATE: 54.3. 18%
FIBER: 7.7g. 31%
Vitamin C 19% Calcium 3% Iron 13%